If this is your first time visiting my site, I’d recommend checking out some of my most popular posts:
- The Heart and Voice of Mark Eitzel
- Talking to Phil Collins’s People
- Amy Winehouse and the Wholeness of Song
- How Do Your Memories Smell?
- Livin’ That No Pants Life
- The End of an Era: Goodbye to Lincoln Square
- The Best Places to Pee in the City of Chicago
You can also listen to me discuss the practice of blogging on the “Blog vs. Podcast” episode of A Chatter of Fact.
My writing has also appeared on Maura Magazine, Public Streets, Bright Wall/Dark Room, and elsewhere:
- Tandem: Lilys’ Eccsame the Photon Band (to be read in sequence with Brian Cremins’s piece on The Pernice Brothers’ Overcome by Happiness)
- How to Buy a Guitar in Chicago
- On Magic: Reflections Inspired by Deceptive Practice
- All in the Family: On Steve McQueen’s Shame
- Towards a Poetics of Man-Bat zine